Now that school has resumed for the year and the weather is about to change, staff and students are in closer contact for an extended period every day. Flu, cold and virus season is also upon us. Following are tips to help prevent you and your family from becoming ill this season.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you have a current medical condition and weakened immune system, take special precautions and get a flu shot if needed.
- Stay home from work or school if you become ill to prevent others from becoming ill.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing to prevent the spread of germs and viruses, or cough into your elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, and keep your hands away from your nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated, especially when someone is ill.
Healthy habits can help to create a great school year.
If your child has existing respiratory issues, and you identify increased respiratory difficulties, please contact your healthcare provider.